Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Figurative Language


Authors Note: This is a creative piece about when I got sun burnt over spring break. It has different kinds of figurative language in it, and a response on the bottom about how that figurative language affects the tone of the piece. 

The pain was as uncontrollable and fierce as a raging bull. Every move I made, made me feel like I was being lit on fire. "Ehhh!" I cringe in pain as I try to lay comfortably in my bed. The blankets, although very thin and light, began to push and punch against my sun burnt body. At that point I wanted relief as much as a homeless person wants money. Quickly I ripped the sheet off from above me, and started to make my way to the bathroom. Each step felt as hot as a curling wand on full heat. However, the cool, tile floor of my bathroom added refreshing waves of relief. Finally, I reach the cabinet under the sink. Although bending over is normally effortless, I had to slowly and steadily lean my body down to read the Aloe. Hope jumped through me as I started applying the cream on my arms. It was like getting a glimpse of heaven. My arms, once raging and steaming were now cool and light. I spread the cream over the rest of my burns, and felt a pleasure like no other. I then realized that I would never forget to put sunscreen on, ever again. 




Analysis:
The figurative Language I added in this piece helped define the over all tone. Without it, the reader wouldn't get as painful of a tone, and it might have sounded like not that big of a deal. It also would've sounded less interesting, and the reader would get bored. However, the figurative language helps to show the reader that it was a painful experience and adds to the interest of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment